Not many people outside the United States had even heard of a superhero called Iron-Man. The whole world knew Batman, Superman or Spider-Man courtesy of the numerous big and small screen versions in animated as well as live-action formats, but, Iron-Man? Therefore, when Marvel Studios grandly announced the big-screen release of Iron-Man film in 2008, not too many people were hopeful. However, backed by the talent of Robert Downey Jr. and excellent film-making, Iron-Man commanded audience interest, and the film’s box office success unleashed the phenomenon called Marvel Cinematic Universe, which 19 films later is still going stronger than ever and the latest Avengers: Infinity War has gone past the $2 billion mark.
Right from the time, Marvel featured The Avengers on the big screen; it was a matter of speculation among fans to find out when would DC follow the lead. The wait was not long, and soon we saw Man of Steel release and get going a new franchise of DC Films. It was quite logical to get the ball rolling with Superman, but, the speculation was about the entry of the other Justice League members. As indicated by its title, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was to be the Dark Knight’s debut in the shared DCEU. The movie also saw the live-action cinematic debut of Wonder Woman. Not only that, but the narrative also had cameos by The Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman, to lay the foundation for the Justice League movie to follow.
When news of this magnitude breaks on the internet, the fandom usually gets going with their preferred casting choices. They are also ready to slam any rumor that starts circulating. As far as the comic book characters are concerned, fans have a more fierce reaction to the actors who play their favorite characters because they have created a mental picture of their favorite heroes for years. Since the DCEU is currently in a confused and hazy state, the time is ripe to take a look at how things might have been with some Justice League casting rumors which could have been better than the actual cast and some that would have been terrible.
16. Tom Cruise as Green Lantern
15. BETTER: JOSH BROLIN AS BATMAN
14. WORSE: GRANT GUSTIN AS THE FLASH
13. BETTER: CHRIS PINE AS HAL JORDAN
12. WORSE: MATTHEW GOODE AS SUPERMAN
11. BETTER: TIMOTHY DALTON AS ALFRED PENNYWORTH
10. WORSE: ELODIE YUNG AS WONDER WOMAN
9. BETTER: JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN AS BATMAN
8. WORSE: ZAC EFRON AS SUPERMAN
7. BETTER: IDRIS ELBA AS BATMAN
6. WORSE: ALEXANDRA DADDARIO AS WONDER WOMAN
5. BETTER: DAVID BOREANAZ AS SUPERMAN
4. WORSE: JOSH HOLLOWAY AS AQUAMAN
3. BETTER: JAIMIE ALEXANDER AS WONDER WOMAN
2. WORSE: KRISTEN STEWART AS LOIS LANE
1. BETTER: BRYAN CRANSTON AS LEX LUTHOR