While it is not known what the PS5 may look like and what the technical specifications are set to be, there are a whole lot of fan-made concepts making their online, but there is one concept that is breathtaking, and Sony must take down a few notes.
On the MaDz Gaming YouTube Channel, the gamer had put up their very own creative input into the entire mix with a pretty amazing and visually stunning render of what they like to call Sony’s PlayStation 5 console. He had also provided the whole list of features that the PS5 would provide, and the release plans as well.
The public unveiling of PS5 hardware roadmap has been scheduled for February 21st 2019. The hardware reveal date has not yet been decided, and there are many tentative dates from August to September 2019.
The PS5 release date for United States and Japan has been planned for November 16th 2019. The second tier regions (Australia and Europe) have release of November 23rd 2019.
The PlayStation 25 Year Anniversary Limited Edition is all set to be released by December 3rd 2019. The Inspiration for this design has been derived from the success of the predecessors.
Here are the selling points and general specifications:
- Custom 7nm 6c/12t AMD APU based on Zen 2 and Navi architecture with custom ray-tracing extensions (Radeon Rays) and dedicated hardware for a variety of post-processing of the buffers (DLSS, TAA or MSAA up to max 8K resolution):
– 11.2 Tflops (22.4 Tflops at half-precision)
– 3640 stream processors
– 16 GB GDDR6 RAM (with an initial 14 GB available to developers)
– Vapor chamber cooling system
- UltraHD BDXL/QL player compliant with BDA 3.2 specs (including HDR10+)
- 2TB HDD in standard SKU. 1TB model in Q1 FY2020
- VR capability built-in with dedicated hardware for temporal reprojection, aliasing and second screen frame buffers (can bypass original PSVR breakout box if used)
- Forward-facing HDMI 2.1 port for PSVR2 as well as current VR headsets (compatible with CUH-ZVR1 and CUH-ZVR2 via old breakout box and camera)
- 3 front-facing and 3 rear-facing USB 3.1 ports (with power delivery)
- AC power input, HDMI 2.1 output, 1Gbps Ethernet, AUX and optical connector on the rear panel
- Built-in 802.11ax wireless network
- Stand for vertical position sold separately
- Single DualShock 5 controller included in standard SKU
- Console is fully compatible with the existing DualShock 4 controllers (all CUH-ZCT1, CUH-ZTC2 and CUH-ZTC1U models, required cable for wired connection and pairing will be sold separately at launch)
- PSVR2 headsets with inside-out tracking and HDR OLED
- Fully compatible with all PS4 titles (disk-based and digital) with developers having the option of using on-th-fly asset replacement to bring higher quality assets into older titles