Marvel Cinematic Universe made humble beginnings, starting from Iron-Man in 2008 the shared superhero universe got going with other solo hero films such as Thor, Incredible Hulk, and Captain America: The First Avenger. Things got bigger and better with The Avengers which well and truly established the franchise as a top performer on box-office. However, there was one complaint that constantly came Marvel’s way, and it was the lack of iconic and truly evil villains in the franchise.
Avengers: Infinity War was hyped to be the most anticipated film of the year, and the film’s box office performance lived up to that premise. It has gone on to create history in theaters, and numerous records have been created as well as broken by the film for Disney and Marvel. Although, Rotten Tomatoes didn’t give the movie a 90% or higher rating, that didn’t make any difference to the movie whatsoever. In fact, the film has earned over $2 billion, and its home release is yet to happen.
Avengers: Infinity War has a lot of characters with their individual story arcs, and it is like a giant movie teeming with superheroes and other characters, but, the directors must be lauded for the fact that they pulled off a film which was completely surprising for the viewers despite it being a merger of various past stories into a single movie. There was nobody who could have predicted what exactly happened in this film and that’s what makes it so awesome.
The most significant surprise of the film was neither the Avengers nor the Guardians. They all did brilliant work and had their moments like they always do, but, the real show-stealer turned out to be the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Dark Lord aka Thanos. He has addressed the complaints about the MCU villains, and he can be considered to be one of the five deadliest villains ever. He is extremely scary, and his presence is enough to break the spirit of his rivals. He was beyond doubt the deadliest and the mightiest enemy ever faced by The Avengers.
Here we present to you 18 Thanos Quotes from the movie Avengers: Infinity War, which will ensure that you never forget the Mad Titan.
1. Fun isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe. But this… does put a smile on my face.
2. When I’m done, half of humanity will still exist. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. I hope they remember you.
3. You’re strong. But I could snap my fingers, and you’d all cease to exist.
4. The end is near.
5. Stark… you have my respect. I hope the people of Earth will remember you.
6. You should have gone for the head.
7. I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail nonetheless. Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives. Or should I say, I have.
8. You’re a great fighter, Gamora. Come. Let me help you.
9. Going to bed hungry. Scrounging for scraps. Your planet was on the brink of collapse. I was the one who stopped that. You know what’s happened since then? The children born have known nothing but full bellies and clear skies. It’s a paradise.
10. I’m the only one who knows that. At least I’m the only who has the will to act on it. For a time, you had that same will. As you fought by my side, daughter.
11. I ignored my destiny once, I can not do that again. Even for you. I’m sorry Little one.
12. With all six stones, I can simply snap my fingers, they would all cease to exist. I call that mercy.”
“And then what?
13. Thanos: “Daughter.”
Gamora: “Did you do it?”
Gamora: “What did it cost?”
14. Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian.
15. You’re strong. Me… You’re generous. Me… But I never taught you to lie. That’s why you’re so bad at it. Where is the Soul Stone?
16. The hardest choices require the strongest wills.
17. You should choose your words wisely
18. The Tesseract… or your brother’s head. I assume you have a preference?
19. I Am Inevitable
20. If You Consider Failure Experience.
21. You Could Not Live With Your Own Failure, And Where Did That Bring You? Back To Me.
22. Thanos Brings Out A Magic Eraser
23. I finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe.
24. Undying ? you should choose your words more carefully.
25. The universe required correction, After that stone serves no purpose beyond temptation.
26. I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me, but the work is done.
27. As long as there are those who remember what was , There will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.
28. What I am about to do to your stubborn annoying little planet, I am gonna enjoy it very very much.
29. I will shred this universe down to it’s last atom and then, with the stones you’ve collected for me, create a new one. It is not what is lost but only what it is been given… a grateful universe
30. Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives. Or should I say, I have?
31. Reality is often disappointing.
32. In all my years of conquest, violence, slaughter, it was never personal. But I’ll tell you now, what I’m about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet… I’m going to enjoy it. Very, very much
33. Your politics bore me. Your demeanour is that of a pouty child. Return me again empty-handed… And I will bathe the stairways in your blood.
34. Today I have lost more than you could ever know. But now is no time to mourn. Now… is no time at all.
35. No resurrections this time.